MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly) Testing Kit
The MDMA testing kit by Smplest includes the three essential reagents for an accurate drug sample analysis: Marquis, Mecke and Simon's. Each reagent includes enough testing reagent to perform from 50 to 70 tests.
The MDMA testing kit includes:
- One 5ml Bottle Containing The Marquis Reagent
- One 5ml Bottle Containing The Mecke Reagent
- One 5ml Bottle Containing The Simon's Reagent
- FREE Safety Gloves (3 pairs)
- Three Test Tubes
- Detailed Instructions
- Color Chart For Reading Results
- Fresh Batches Made Every Week For Optimal Quality
- Shipped in very discrete packaging
- Shipping worldwide
- FREE Shipping To All Of Europe
How to test MDMA? (Ecstasy/Molly/Mandy)
The best way to test MDMA is by running your sample through an HPLC/MS. This is the gold standard lab test; however, on the downside, it can be costly and it can take a while to get your results back.
The next best option is to run your sample through a series of multiple tests using drug testing reagents. Here we will show you the most effective combination of reagents to thoroughly analyze MDMA and will teach you how to perform the test correctly. This method can be used to test MDMA in pill, powder and crystal form.
The cheapest way to test MDMA is by using a single reagent. Although this is better than no test at all, it can cause false positives. If your budget allows it, it is best to analyze a drug with multiple reagents.
Which is the best MDMA testing kit?
There is a lot of mixed information out there on how to correctly check MDMA. However, the standard (and most correct) protocol is the following: Marquis, Mecke and Simon's reagents (in this order) for reliable results.
This kit is also ideal for other popular substances, such as amphetamine (speed), methamphetamine (meth), 2C-B, Dextrometorphan (DXM), PMA, PMMA, and many more.
How to use the MDMA testing kit
1- Prepare your MDMA for testing
You will want to perform your test in the provided test tube or on a white plate. Make sure to only use ceramic plates, as testing reagents are strong acids and will eat through many materials, such as plastic.
For each reagent test you will need a very small sample of MDMA. If testing a pill, or crystal, simple scrape off a tiny portion of your MDMA for analysis and store the rest.
In total, you will need to prepare 3 separate samples, as you will be performing 3 different tests qith 3 separate reagents.
2- Use Marquis for your primary test
Marquis will react with MDMA turning very dark purple / black. The sample may remain purple during a few seconds before tunring fully black.
3- Use Mecke for your secondary test
Mecke will react with MDMA turning very dark green / black. Similarly to marquis, afetr a few seconds the MDMA should turn black.
4- Use Simon's for your tetriary test
Simon's is sommonly used to differentiate MDMA from MDA, a very common Simon's will react with MDMA turning bright blue. Simon's will also turn bright blue with any secondary amine, such as methamphetamine (meth), mephedrone (4-MMC), Methylone and other cathinones.
5- Test for the most common adulterants in MDMA
Most of the main typical adulterants in MDMA can be detected using the Robadope reagent. Robadope will react with primary amines. For this reason, Robadope will NOT react with MDMA but WILL detect amphetamine (speed), MDA, 2C-B (and the rest of the 2C-X family of compounds), PMA, and many more. It is therefore commonly used to make sure a sample containing MDMA is not laced with any of these additional substances.
How does MDMA react with all existing testing reagents?
For a correct MDMA detection, we recommend using the reagents included in the MDMA kit; however, many other reagents will react positively to MDMA. Dependind on the circumstance, you may have other reagents other than the gold standard combination for MDMA. This could be due to:
- having reagents lying around from a previous analysis of a different substance
- having purchased a reagent that is useful for clearly different substances (e.g. the Liebermann reagent can be used to detect Cocaine and MDMA)
In these cases, it is good to know exactly how each reagent reacts to MDMA. Here are the results:
|MARQUIS||DARK PURPLE TO BLACK|
|MECKE||DARK GREEN TO BLACK|
Important safety information when testing MDMA with reagents
1. Testing reagents use highly concentrated acids and are therefore corrossive and can cause permanent skin burns. You should manipulate them very carefully. ALWAYS use the provided gloves to avoid skin burns (the ones provided in our kit are made out of nitrile for extra extra protection).
2. Reagent testing DOES NOT determine purity. It is a qualitative test that determince the presence or absence of a drug, not its percentage.
3. Reagent testing is not 100% infaliable. The only way to obtain 100% reliable results is by performing a laboratory analysis using an HPLC/MS. No single reagent will give you a definitive result. For this reason it is advisable to confirm results using kits that include several reagents.
4. If you have ANY questions at all, it is best to contact us directly and we'll assist you in every way we can.
Why should I test MDMA with drug testing kits?
Testing your drugs is essential, since most overdoses and bad experiences are caused by using the wrong substance. You may ask “why?”. This is the science behind the facts:
Each drug (illegal or pharmaceutical) has a specific dosing profile. This means that you may require 100mg of drug A to get the desired effect, while, for drug B, you’d only need 10mg. This doesn’t mean that one drug is necessarily intrinsically more dangerous than the other, it simply means that they should be taken in different quantities.
To illustrate, here are 2 clear examples:
- Fentanyl is 5000 times more potent than heroin and 10000 times more potent than morphine. Taking fentanyl at the same dose as heroin or morphine will cause instant death.
- Why MDPV (the cannibal drug) is considered so dangerous: MDPV is often sold as MDMA. However, the common active dose for MDPV is approximately 10mg, while the common active dose for MDMA is 100 mg. If you take MDPV thinking it is MDMA, you’d be taking 10 times the correct dose, causing very bad overstimulation, delirium or even death.
This can be prevented by simply testing your drugs before using. Stay Safe.
How perform MDMA purity tests?
Reagent testing is very useful when determining the presence or absence of a specific drug. When it comes to drug purity tests, the only accurate method is to perform a full HPLC/MS lab analysis. DO NOT use home tests purchased online, as they are not reliable at all.
For accurate drug purity testing, we recommend Energy Control’s International Drug Checking service. They are one of the largest and most trusted harm reduction NGO’s globally. Full disclosure: we are not affiliated with them in any way.